The writings of Heather Lynn Rigaud

Welcome to Austen Nights, the home of author Heather Lynn Rigaud. Heather's writing is focused on updating the classic works of Jane Austen, taking these classic characters where they've never gone before. She welcomes you to enjoy 'Sweet Austen days and Hot Austen nights!'

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happiest of Holidays

(I'm sorry I've been such a bad blogger. I promise to try and post more, even if I posts aren't amazing works of writing)

I want to wish you all the Happiest of Holidays. Merry Christmas, Blessed Solstice, and may the New Year bring joy and prosperity to all!

I've been a madwoman getting everything together for the holidays: gift shopping, cookie baking, concert attending, as well as being Super-wife & -mother. But I feel I'm doing my job well. The boys are happy, the husband's as happy as he can be (poor man really wishes he was independently wealthy) and the home is homey.

My wonderful editor has come back to me with more cuts for Slurry. Some of them are negligible, but at least one is going to hurt. *sigh* While it's a wonderful thing to be a published author, you pay for that joy in the editing process.

It will make the book better (keep repeating that) and I want Slurry to be the best book it can be. And hopefully the pain of editing will pass quickly.

(The great thing about a blog is you can go on and on about yourself, and it's okay)

Anyway, I'm pleased to report that my favorite gift of the Holidays (so far) is an amazing handmade knitting bowl. It's a fabulous work of art that's also functional. I love it. The potter is an on-line friend who's work is in an number of increasingly important museums. which is totally cool, but even if she wasn't almost famous, I'd still love this bowl.

If you want some custom, useful art, her web page is here. I highly recommend her mugs, which are custom made to your requests. An excellent gift. Kogi's custom clay!

Happy Holidays! May the coming light overcome all our darkness's.

No comments:

Post a Comment